Friday, July 8, 2016

Thank you, Alison: Reinventing a Junk Chair

I have friends that are always delivering their junk to me.
Thank God!
I love junk.
 Here's a chair that my friend, Alison, brought.
 Beautiful inlaid design, harp motif...
But the seat and bottom frame were shot.
 So I sawed off the top,
and with these hooks, a dowel...
 ...and this basket....
I came up with a little reinvention....
First I painted these double hooks.....
and attached them to the bottom rung.
Then I painted the dowel,
inserted it in the bottom hook...
and voila....
Wall storage with the basket,
or remove the dowel and basket 
and just use the hooks!
Here it is in my booth at Vignettes Westhampton
(Formerly known as "RVA Antiques on the Avenue."
$45.

Here's the other chair she brought...
a little metal chair with no seat...
So I put a potted plant in it...
It lives on this stump in my mom's front yard
where a tree used to be..
Or here under the hedge that I over pruned...
it's perfectly portable.

Did I say how much I love junk??
Now get out there and make something with yours!!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370







No comments:

Post a Comment