Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Stars and Stripes Forever! And one look for this remade chair!

Another great pair of vintage chairs 
I found at Class & Trash!
(I LOVE that place!!)
Dated red velour and boring wood finish.
I've already finished chair one.
Here's what I did:
I stripped the trim and staples...
 
I painted all the wood in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
in Paris Grey.
Afterwards, I distress sanded, waxed and buffed.
Ready for new clothes.
Seat first...
Next, I used a blue and beige ticking for the inside arms and front.
You know me, I can't resist "mixing it up."
This indigo remnant I used for the back.
Next, I trimmed and covered all the staples/edges with beige gimp.
I used nail heads for all the corners to secure the gimp.
So the base is all done...
Next, I recovered the seat cushion.  
Here it is with a throw pillow on the back...
Then I whipped up a cover for the back cushion.
 
Once again,
different fabric was used for the back side of the cushion.
And the seat cushion...
So you can have four different looks,
including this stars & stripes...
perfect for July 4th!
My quality control agent gives her stamp of approval.
And here it is in my booth at RVA Antiques on the Avenue.
 For sale at $299.
It's a great size, lightweight, and has front casters!
So it's easy to move around.
Happy 4th of July, everyone!!!

The next chair is being worked on now......
You'll just have to wait to see what I'm doing with #2!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment