Thursday, June 30, 2016

Black and White Scraphappiness! A chair and ottoman makeover

Okay, ready for chair #2 makeover?
 I love chairs like this because they are fairly easy to reupholster...
and they don't take a lot of fabric...
But first, let me show you this cool little mid-century ottoman
I just finished, because it was my inspiration 
for the chair as well.
 Straight out of the 50's I would guess!
 I used this black and white print to cover the top, 
which I stapled along the edges
and trimmed..
 And then I stapled a wide strip all along the sides.......
 I'm going to use this faux nailhead trim that comes in strips to hide all the staples
and secure the sides to the top.
 It would be oh so tedious to put in every one of these nail heads....
 For the strip, you nail in every 5th or 6th one...much faster and easier.
Affter adding that, I stapled the bottom edge and added black rope trim.
 It turned out so nice, I decided to go with black and white 
as well for the chair makeover...
 Thanks to a good friend who's a fabric rep, 
I had lots of high end fabric samples that I've been hoarding for years.
 This was the perfect opportunity to use them because the samples were large enough
for the various parts of this chair.
 It turned out great!!!
 I especially love the pleated fabric I used for the front...
 Here you see the back of the chair...
 Each panel is different, 
yet the B&W ties it all together...
 After the chair was done, I recovered the cushion.
 On the flip side, of course, is yet another fabric!

 And finally, the back cushion......
Fabric one...

 Fabric two...
 Yep, another "many faced" chair.
 All that's left to do is the trim.

 Packing up to head to my Greenwood Antiques booth.......
The chair is $349.
The ottoman is sold.


Scraphappiness.
by 
SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment