Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Aqua and White!!!!!!!!

 Remember this little cabinet I blogged about a few weeks ago?
I bought it at my friend, Sheila's, yard sale. (No relation.)
And redid it to look like this 
and sold it in my booth at Greenwood Antiques.
I think Sheila was impressed,
because she had this little shelf.
And she asked me to do a similar treatment.
It had some issues....
the top paint was peeling off.
Latex over oil........
so I removed that..
 And I cleaned the piece...
Next I made up a mixture of two chalk paints -
Annie Sloan Old White and
Maison Blanche Peacock.
 I painted the inside this lovely aqua.
 Outside, I painted in Old White.
 And here it is after I waxed, 
and applied dark waxes in the crevices to age the piece.
Outside, the wax accentuates all the
scratches and crackles and adds to the texture.

I love this color combo.
These little shelves are so functional...
Here it is back in Sheila's home,
where she is using it for fabric storage.
Perfect.

Have a piece that needs the SheShe touch?
SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment