Thursday, June 23, 2016

Building a tabletop for a rolling cart



 I purchased this formica topped rolling cart at a yard sale recently.
The top was all scratched, so I removed it.
And I disassembled this rickety bookshelf...
and used the pieces of wood to "build" a top.
I didn't even have to cut them!
 
I used a couple of corbels on the back so I could extend the tabletop...
There will be an overhang on the back...
Next, I painted the pieces all different colors...
and I played with placement....
 I like this gradated effect...
 Next, I sanded down each piece and nailed to the base.
I painted the pine base in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in
Old Ochre.
 More distress sanding.....
 Next, I brushed on some stain in Provencial.

 I then wiped it all off...
 It gives each piece a richness, 
and mellows down the punch of the colors.
 Inside the drawer, a turquoise surprise.
Next, I added some weathered wood stain
over the base and sanded.
 I added the same color as the inside drawer to the back corbels.
And here it is in my booth at RVA Antiques on the Avenue.
$229
Goes perfectly with this little industrial stool. $45.
I worked my booth tonight,
so I apologize for the poor lighting..
 Take a look around!






Come take a look in person!!!!!
Lots of fun spaces!!
And great finds!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment