Saturday, June 4, 2016

A Painted Birdhouse and some Chartreuse Chairs

My mom loves to sit out in her backyard,
and listen to the birds.
This poor little bird feeder had fallen recently,
and my brother - lover of duct tape -
"fixed it." 
Now doesn't this look nice?
Hmmm...
I think this might work a little better.
 After removing all that duct tape,
I glued the pieces back together.
And I decided to paint her up with this -
a beautiful chinese red chalk paint.
Emperor's Silk.
Lovely........
Beauty abounds.......
Come on in, birdies, and check out your new digs!

And while I'm talking about colorful things...
check out this pair of chartreuse chairs 
I purchased yesterday on a thrifting jaunt!
The seats are covered in oilcloth, 
so these would be perfect at a little table 
on a screened in porch, etc.
The color was a little too neon, 
so after distress sanding the edges,
I brushed on a dark stain,
Minwax "Jacobean."
And then wiped off....
ahh, much better.
The stain gets in all the grooves and
pops all the detail.
This oilcloth makes me so happy.
And it wipes clean with a damp cloth.
 Here you can see the difference
in the stained/painted vs. painted only.
They are front and center in my booth 
$185 for the pair.
(And that little spindle table between
them is reduced to $99.)

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment