Sunday, January 31, 2016

A Rescued And Restored Buffet

I purchased this buffet months ago……..
I love the lines, but it had many issues...
It's a very heavy buffet that came from Williams Sherrill, 
so you know it cost a fortune originally!
But the finish had chipped away all along the edges
revealing the white underlay.
It's been sitting in my dining room for months.
Time to leave the premises!!!!
This makeover began by my sanding down all the edges.
Then I painted the piece in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite.
(Painting tip: Use paper plates under each leg!)
After drying,
 I waxed the piece in dark wax.
Here you can see the difference in the finish once the wax
is added.  
All waxed.
I put a second coat on the top for protection.
Now I'll just wait for it to dry.
And here it is all buffed up and finished.
I love the patina!!!!!!!
So rich and elegant. 
The buffing really brought out the gold embossed areas.
This piece has three felt lined drawers.
And doors on each side with shelves.
A wonderfully utilitarian piece
with tons of panache!!!!!
For sale: $295.

Have a piece that needs restoring??????
I can help!!!!!!!!!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment