Saturday, January 30, 2016

Decoupage is not Dead!!!!!! It saved my life.

Welcome to my mother's basement.
Where I spent many hours during the recent snowstorm,
working on whatever I could find...
attempting to distract myself from losing my mind.
First project up:
This ugly silver dresser mirror….
It was in my booth for awhile
but I pulled it because it wasn't selling...
Today, it's getting a makeover:
After removing the mirror, 
I painted the frame in
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.
Here it is….
Now for some eye candy.
 From an old wallpaper sample book, 
I started cutting out roses…..
(Yes, folks, this is what you do when there is
two feet of snow outside and still coming down….)
 Then I played around with position on the frame...
 Once I was happy, 
I glued down with wood glue.
 And after it dried, I distress sanded,
 then added clear and dark waxes to age.
 Here she is with her new clothes….
 (Do you know how hard it is to take a photo of a huge mirror??)
Who is that hot chick?
Double Wilma!!
Still a bunch left, so….
Project # 2:
Very ugly urn lamp.
 Once again, 
I based painted in ASCP in Old White.
After the second coat.
On each side of the lamp, 
I decoupaged a rose.
 Next, I took a Sharpie paint pen in pink…….
And just painted over some of the little details…...
 After sanding, waxing, aging,
it looks like this:
I hit the edges with a little silver gilding wax.
Added an old lampshade until I can find a new one...
And they are both now in my booth at Greenwood Antiques.
So frenchy…shabby….girlie….
The mirror is $85.
The lamp is $65.
And I survived.

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370



No comments:

Post a Comment