Monday, March 2, 2015

Ultra Prissy Tufted Boudoir Chair Makeover

Been a while since I've posted 
because I've been away taking care of my sick mom. ;(
I came home for a three hour stint today,
 and before heading out again, let me show you my 
latest chair makeover:
 Pink damask tufted chair….
 the back…
There was some wear and tear, 
so it had to be recovered...
 I've had yards and yards of this prissy chintz fabric for ages….
 So…I'm finally using it….
Here we go…
Tufting….


 I experimented with several skirt ideas….
this was a pink gingham dust ruffle I had on hand...
 …and this, a valance….
 …more tailored look...
But after all that, 
I just decided to keep the bottom tight so the fabric
wouldn't interfere with the casters.
 I did add some decorative trims…
to boost that frou-frou factor;)
Here it is in my booth at Greenwood Antiques.
It's for sale for $299.
The little ruffled stool in a sweet aqua toile is $99.
Turquoise Rattan Console behind is $119.
Spring may not be here yet,
but it's coming in my booth at Greenwood!!!
 While you're here,
you might as well see some of the other pieces for sale.
Two "scrap happy" wing chairs: $450 each
Red dog toile seat/stool: $99
Two little pink seated chairs: $85
Small duncan phyfe table in Antibes Green: $119
 Set of frenchy dining chairs: $399
Wonderful primitive farm table: $425
Two cane backed french dining chairs with cushions: $150/pr

And this is just one of my booths!
There are 50 or so dealers..
You must plan a day trip to check out this gem of a store!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment