Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A "Top Drawer" Makeover Using Damaged Artwork

Happy St Paddy's Day, 
everyone!
I thought I was going to be so theme appropriate today
by posting a makeover on these GREEN chairs!

But those leprechauns were up to their normal mischief…
Just as I was finishing up removing the piping,
 I stuck a screwdriver into the palm of my hand……

So that takes care of upholstery work for awhile...
This thing is gonna be a'hurtin' tomorrow…..

So, while I can still type,
here's a little makeover I did recently 
that I'll write about instead…
This was yet another salvaged treasure 
from my friend, Frances ' trash pile.
An original framed pastel on velveteen, 
but the glass was broken,
the matt and artwork warped and stained 
with water damage.
 
Here you can see the splotches…
I was determined to save this lovely drawing tho!
 I remembered this old drawer...
 I painted it, 
and attached a row of hooks on the bottom edge.
 I positioned the art to see if i could 
frame out the damaged part.
Indeed!
I creased the drawing so I could glue it to the back and bottom, 
and was even able to save the signature!
What a unique piece!
Functional art!
It would be the perfect gift for a sailor/fisherman.
Or use it as a key holder at the rivah or beach house!
Here, I'm using it to hang "me lucky charms."
In my booth at Greenwood Antiques.
For sale at $52.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment