Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Couple of Repurposed Storage Containers

 I found this salt box at an antique store recently 
and thought it would make great wall storage
for the kitchen.
But I wasn't loving those roses....so....
 Yep you guessed it.
I'm gonna paint it.
I taped off the edges....
 And painted over the wide stripe 
with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old Violet.
 Next, I painted a 2nd coat in Greek Blue.
After it dried, I waxed it.
 But I thought it needed a little something else,
so I retaped and painted a very
thin line of Graphite in the center.
Hanging on my wall.
This would also make a great twine holder!
For sale. $42

Which brings me to this great repurpose idea:
Here's what I use for a string container...
One enamelware enema can...
(I never really knew what this was, 
until I saw it on "Call the Midwife!")
I just feed the string through the spout,
and then put the spool of string, 
along with scissors 
in the can.
And hang it.
Pull out however much string you need.
Works great;)

No comments:

Post a Comment