Thursday, July 31, 2014

Funning up the Greenwood booth: The art of vignettes

Last week I was in Greenwood again,
sprucing up the booth and 
finally getting around to working on some pieces in the pile.
 You recall this sweet little french bergere chair I recently did?
Well it came with an ottoman, so I finally finished it.
Here's what it looked like when I purchased...
And after I painted and reupholstered it...
 Detail of the front.
 It looks amazing with the chair. 
Set for sale: $450.
 Next, here is an abandoned old coffee table left for the trash pile.
 It just needed a little TLC. 
I love the detail on the bottom edge.
 I painted in ASCP in Old White. One coat..
 Here it is all finished: distressed and waxed
 It looks lovely in my booth in front of the sofa!
Sofa: $625. Coffee Table: $129
 This rattan console was purple when I bought it...
 I tried to distress it, but it was still dark...
 So I whipped up a custom mix of colors using ASCP in Old White 
and CeCe Caldwell in Sante Fe Turquoise to get this lovely aqua.
 It brings in lots of fun color and architectural detail….$129
 This little narrow maple console got a new look, too.
 I base coated in ASCP in Old White...
 And then I used the same aqua color……..
and left some of the detail in Old White.
 I did some distress sanding, 
then waxed and buffed...
Of course, every time I added a new piece of furniture,
I had to reset my space...
Take a look at all my lovely vignettes of furniture 
Vintage dresser with mirror: $325
Pink Deco vanity seat: $95
Bird chair $265
Covered bench: $145
Aqua console: $165
 Peacock fabric urn legged chair: $175
Ikat ottoman: $149
Lots and lots...
 
…of treasures….
…to choose from.
 (And I'm just one of many awesome dealers!)
Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment