Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I must have a thing for heads….

Heads, heads,
everywhere heads….

 Obviously I have an attraction to them.

 They're everywhere in my house…

 I even have one that I turned into a lamp.
She gets a costume every halloween, 
just like all the other party attendees.  Hee.
So it isn't surprising 
i was drawn to a pair of these concrete planters at Class and Trash, 
one of my favorite "eye candy stores."
 I wasn't particularly enamored with the finish…
It was glazed and very shiny,
but I knew I could change that. 
 And I did….
they were home for only about five minutes 
when I got the paint brush out.
 The after…….isn't she beautiful? 
I used many layers of different paints to achieve 
a time worn verdigris appearance.
 Here are the before/after side by side.
And here they are finished.
Very art nouveau.
Love them.
For sale: $85 each
$150 for the pair.

No comments:

Post a Comment