Wednesday, August 13, 2014

More SheShe Chair Makeovers

9PM and I just finished today's assembly line.
Wow, I WORK HARD!!!
But it's SO gratifying….

Take a look at these pieces I finally finished up today.
 BEFORE: I love the decorative top to this chair….
but time for a new look.
 I pulled off the upholstery...
Painted the frame…….
removed about a zillion tacks…….
and then covered the seat in batting.
Next: Distress sanding and waxing.
Then I reupholstered in this taupe with coral motif.
(I still need to add the gimp, 
but you get the gist of it anyway…)
This is a great occasional chair.
Very comfy.
 BEFORE: Little deco vanity seat….
I found this one in the alley….
 I painted the wood frame. Of course...
 And i decided to use this old metal stencil 
that I bought this weekend 
at an antique store on the way to the beach.
 AFTER: Looks great!  
I plumped up the seat with some batting
and upholstered in this oatmeal linen with stripes.
 
BEFORE: Okay, this chair isn't so bad….
but it has this crackle finish that I hate.
 So I had to sand/peel off all that layer, 
and might I say, this was QUITE time consuming….
So now I'm ready to repaint.,..
 I painted in two coats of white chalk paint….
And here it is all finished.
I added some taupe dry brushing, 
then I distress sanded and waxed.
And I had just enough of the coral print to recover the seat...
Not bad for a day's work.
These are all for sale, 
so please inquire if you're interested.
L: $125; middle: $99; R: $185
They'll be heading to one of my booths 
unless they sell before I get them in the car...
And now, it's IPA time…..
and I am SO ready………..

No comments:

Post a Comment