Thursday, June 28, 2012

A Fun Headboard Made from Old Fencing

See what happens? I take a little beach vacation, and bam! 
It's 3 weeks before I get back to the blog! Just goes to show:  
The more you have to do, the more you do.

Yesterday, I found some pieces of outdoor fencing in the alley.......
I had wanted to do something with this old ikea headboard...

I remembered a photo I had seen of a sweet little cottagey headboard.  
Here it is:
So, I got to work!
First I had to take the fencing apart with a crowbar.  
Then I cut down the lengths so they were staggered.  
And sort of made my "plan," which looked like this.
So next, I used my jigsaw and made some star cutouts........
This is trickier than you realize because you can't have 
the star extend the entire width of any plank, 
because the top of the plank will fall off!
Then I started screwing in the planks to the wood headboard frame.
When I'm finished, it looks like this:

Then I sanded all the planks, primed, and painted in Valspar Bay Mist.

And tahdah! 
Here's what it looks like all staged to look like a functioning bed. 
(It's actually just resting on the side of my kitchen counter 
because I can't get it up the steps alone!!!!!!!!!!!!)
HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment