Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Crazy Springtime: Orange and Green Parlor Chairs and more...

Crazy springtime.......
I can't keep up!!!!!!!!! 
Help!!!!!! 
In between family trips and benefit trips and vacation trips 
(beach next week...yay!!,)
 I'm trying to make a living!
Meanwhile, I just opened a second antique booth....
...in another city.  Am I CRAZY?
Here are a few of my latest furniture rehabs:

This old chunky table base has been living in my garage for two years...
just waiting to be reinvented. I finally pulled it out.

I painted it in a gorgeous deep teal, and dry brushed on a lighter turquoise,
then distressed and waxed.
Love these legs.....now, what to do with the top....
Aha!  I had just done a little thrift store run and remembered
 this faux ceiling tile wall art that was still in my car....
it fit perfectly on top of the base!!!!!
 I added a piece of glass that I just happened to have, and wow!
Instant table. It's in my living room......
temporarily. yeah, right....
Here's a piece I did for a client in Albemarle County.
This old chicken coop belonged to her sister.

She wanted to repurpose it..I lined the back in beadboard.
I sanded and stained all the wood.  I painted the beadboard, 
and then put a stain layer over it as well to age it.
Next, we put it up on its short end.
It becomes a non traditional TV stand. 
Plus, all the cords/cables are hidden. 
Genius!
Another client purchased this unfinished wood coffee table.
(Yes, that's my beautiful regal kitty atop.)
She wanted it stained or painted but didn't know exactly what to do with it...
So I gave her both! I put a strip of painters tape close to the edge, then painted 
the table in ASCP Old Ochre and Versailles....
I added designs that I stenciled  in Graphite.
Then I removed the tape, and applied a stain to everything to age the piece.
And remember these old parlor chairs I purchased last week?
After gluing the frames...
I painted them first in ASCP Arles, and then Antibes Green.
Then I distress sanded and added lots of dark waxes.
I covered the seats in a fun orange, lime and pink tropical print with little monkeys.
The trim came from UFab.  LOVE the trim!
Then I did a matching table.  
Here they are at my new booth at Greenwood Antiques and Uniques,
with matching drapes behind.......
Orange and green....
Love them!
Going, going....


No comments:

Post a Comment