Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Nancy's Media Cabinet gets reinvented….AGAIN!

Nancy's media cabinet…
 began like this.
 Years ago, I painted it….
 Covered the glass from the backside with fabric 
to hide the components...
Later on, 
we decided it needed a bit more sophistication...
 So I added I added an antiqued mirror effect...
 And this week,
I finished yet ANOTHER transformation.
Nancy wanted more contrast in the living room,
so while she was in Hawaii on vacation,
I was back in her living room.
This time, I painted the cabinet in 
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old Violet.
 Then I added a layer of Maison Blanche Navy.
 I left the inside as is, since it will be hidden.
 I painted the door frames in Old Violet.
 I dry brushed on the Navy,
and used a stencil to paint over the front of the glass with the Navy as well.

 Here it's all waxed and back together...
 Close up of the distressed finish. I used lots of dark wax.
 Added some brass pulls, and it's finished!
 Love the moroccan feel….
Quite elegant.

Have a piece that needs reinventing?
I can help!
SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment