When I purchased this chair on craigslist,
I didn't realize the base had been repaired…
Sort of hard to miss this!
I was a little disappointed thinking it would never look quite right.
The wood frame was also really scratched up….
I ripped off all the piping.
And removed all the staples...
I decided to paint the frame to camouflage the repair...
I used a milk paint in red, but I hated it.
Looked like stain for a picnic table.
NOT the look I was going for.
So I headed to Lowe's and picked up this:
Rustoleum Glossy Spray Paint.
in "Sunrise Red."
Now we're talking!
Next, I reupholstered in this grey and white graphic fabric
I purchased some time ago from Ufab...
Pulling tight, stapling along the edges...
Then I covered all the staples with this red trim.
Last thing to do was the back.
Looking mighty fine...
You don't even notice the repairs now!
The bolts just make it look industrial!
I'm liking this!!!!!!
And I know exactly where it's going!
To my client, Nancy's, basement sitting room...
I've been looking for a low clean lined chair to go there…
Something to go with this modern futon sofa and this geometric rug.
Now the only thing not working is this Queen Anne style
But I opened the leaves,
and added this industrial galvanized clock face...
I LOVE the red with that deep grey accent wall.
I'm digging this now.
Hopefully, she'll like it when she gets home from work today!
SheShe, The Home Magician