Thursday, May 29, 2014

More Booth Inventory: Alley Fiinds and Miscellaneous Reinventions

I'm packing up the car to head to the country.
I'm always working on inventory for my booth there
Here are some before/afters of recent additions:
This chair was sitting out in the alley a block from my house...
In good shape other than a little worn upholstery on the seat...
I had just enough of this zebra print….
to do the front..
I used a remnant from a mattelasse bedspread for the back..
Burlap bottom...
I edged in this burlap trim, and added oversized pewter nail heads.
This is how much fabric I had left….
living on the edge, folks!
Ta dah
In the booth!
 Here's an interesting table…
Extremely heavy, iron base.
I have a feeling the top might have been damaged, 
and someone made it into their art project.
And then, yep, discarded in the alley.
 I primed the top, and painted the rusty base with black spray paint.
 Then I painted the top in Benjamin Moore "Splilt Pea".
 I coupled it with these two outdoor chairs 
and recovered the seats to match.
I call it the "Lillipad" set.
 This coffee table was already painted when I got it...
 I converted it into a bench by upholstering the top.
 Here it is all propped in my booth ready for sale.
 Purchased this plaster plaque at a yard sale…
I base coated it in ASCP Graphite.
 Then I added white to all the details.
Finished piece.
 Boring wood table from thrift shop..
 I painted in a two tone treatment with ASCP in Paris Grey and Cream.
 Paired with these toile chairs I reupholstered,
 Makes a perfect little ensemble.
 Antique chair...
with a damaged cane seat...
Gets a fun new seat job.

Let me know if you're taking a fancy to any of these pieces!
They're all for sale.

And here are this morning's alley finds….
old coffee table….
…and a 3 legged wicker chair.
They're packed up in the car, ready to go West….

Have a great weekend!!!!!!!
May the force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment