Wednesday, May 7, 2014

How my brain works: Repurposing……...

You hear these words all the time……….
Recycle
Reuse
Repurpose

What's the difference you ask?

Well here's a good example:

Recycle:
You may recall this ugly Ikea set I found in the trash recently.
I saved it from the dumpster.
(That's recycling.)

Reuse:
A little spray paint, 
and I have a like-new child's set!
Perfect for dining, or playing…….
(That's reusing.)

But the set hasn't sold………
it's  still sitting right here in my dining room.
(That's aggravating.)

So a thought occurred to me:
 I have three of these old plaster bases……..
which I use in the front of my house for plant stands…….
Garden stuff is hot right now, 
so in the car they go to sell in my booth.

Repurpose:
 Guess what I'm now using for plant stands?
Yep, there they are.
A little nontraditional, 
but they work.
(That's repurposing.)

The table is the perfect size for the deck…
 I whipped up a slipcover and now it's an ottoman!
And the last two chairs are up on the deck now, too...
 They've made friends with a couple of houseplants.

The wheels are always turning..
And that, my friends, is why nothing ever stays the same
over here at the SheShe ranch.

Have a great week!
I'm Greenwood bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment