Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Traditional Chest-of-Drawers to Quirky Piece with Owl Knobs………Hoo woulda thought?

I run across these pieces all the time.
Traditional wood chest of drawers...
With the "flying eagle" hardware. 
Yuk. I really cringe when I see these pulls…
 I picked this up last week, 
and within an hour, it was base coated…
and those flying eagles had flown, baby!
I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint 
in Louis Blue for the main body,
and Old White for the drawer fronts.
 Then I wood filled the holes I didn't need……..
Here is the piece after two coats of paint, 
then distress sanding and waxing.
 I did this when I was in Greenwood last week, 
so I didn't have a lot of hardware with me...
 But I did have 8 of these great owl knobs, 
in various colors.
 The scale is a little small, 
but I think they'll work 
because they're so whimsical.
 Besides…
"hoo" doesn't like an owl?
 ..or two…
Love the patina on these.
 I used red on the top drawer, 
then turquoise, 
then yellow, 
then red again.
Here it is in my booth at Greenwood.
$219.

Good thing I did the assembly line painting last week…
cuz there's NO WAY
 I'm getting out there now in single digits.
Forgetaboutit!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment