Saturday, January 18, 2014

Old Louvered Closet Door becomes Headboard

Last week, I blogged about my friends, Rachel and Nathan, 
who just moved into their first house! 
They had a kingsized bed and frame, but no headboard……….
So I went to my garage to see if I could find anything that would work.
I spied this old louvered bifold door 
I had picked up from an alley awhile back…..
 It had some chipped areas but was in good structural shape.
I removed the hinges 
and used small metal plates on the backside to attach the doors together.
  I sanded down some of the peeling paint, 
and then added dark stain to the slats. 
Afterwards, I wiped the excess off with rags.
  I love how the stain finds all the exposed raw wood and darkens it…..
and gets in all the nooks and crannies.
 Then I added this fun doggy head knob to the existing hole……
matches the finish perfectly.
Ta-dah!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment