Thursday, November 29, 2012

One lazy susan table = Two ottomans!

I bought this lazy susan table last year and it's been in my garage ever since...
Totally cool function, 
but ugly colonial maple style.  

 I struggled with it for awhile.  
First I undercoated it.........
 Then I decided on a light blue and white distressed layered paint finish....
Then an idea sprung:  
I'd been looking for a large round ottoman for a client.......
I separated the "lazy susan" top, added casters to the bottom...
Here it is before upholstering....
 And here it is after. 
 After covering the wood with layers of batting, 
I used a quilt to reupholster, and then added nailheads along the top edge.
But wait, there's more!!! 
The base!
I added foam, 
and then used a cotton printed rug 
from Marshalls for the fabric.
It's very durable.....
Two in one!
Now THAT was fun;)

1 comment: