Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Turning a cabinet door into wall storage

So remember this ugly cabinet?
That I transformed into this?

I took the door, which I didn't use on the cabinet redo....
It looked like this...
(lovely, heh?)
...and this assortment of old brass candlesticks (thanks, Shirley!)......
...and made a sweet little display shelf for my Greenwood Antiques booth.
I raided my garage and found all sorts of snippets of wood, 
brackets, dowels, etc, 
and painted them all in a distressed 
pale blue homemade chalkstyle paint.
I painted the dowel and all the candlesticks white....
For our store's open house, 
I added little LED tealights to them.
And added all sorts of little treasures for sale.
The shelf is lightweight, freestanding, portable - perfect for display. 
And it's also for sale......Darn it...
would be great in a bathroom, 
where it could be attached to a wall. $110






No comments:

Post a Comment