Thursday, December 6, 2012

Candace's Amazing Kitchen and Reinvented Hoosier Cabinet

Take a look at this amazing kitchen that my clients, 
Candace and Craig, recently had completed. 
Having seen the original kitchen (WHY didn't I take a photo!!)
I KNOW how amazing this transformation is!!
 I love how they mixed things up a bit....
For instance, they used a different color on the island base 
than the other cabinetry.
 I love the use of materials - the granite, the backsplash, etc.
Nothing too dark or somber...

 See how amazing these colors look together?
 And the glass fronts on the upper cabinets keep them 
from being too overpowering in the room.
 On the other side of the room is a great elevated brick pizza oven, 
and this elegant little sitting area with newly reupholstered club chairs. 
The blues were carried over to this area in the painted paneled walls.
 And to the left of the sitting area is...........
this original oak hoosier cabinet.
They felt it was too countrified for their new sophisticated space......
and they asked me to paint it. 
I was happy to oblige!
 Inside, I primed and painted in Benjamin Moore White Dove in a semi-gloss finish.
 I painted the exterior in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite.
 Here it is all base painted.
Now, here comes the fun part. 
Wax!!!!!
First I waxed everything in a regular furniture paste wax.
See the difference already?
 Then I added some dark wax to the edges and drawers...
This gives the illusion of a time-worn finish........
After the wax dried, I buffed to a lovely sheen.

 Here it is all finished in the space.
Pizza anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment