Sunday, December 16, 2012

Street find = French Country Buffet

Another street find......
I'm not kidding!
I was taking my morning walk
one day last week, and
bam........this was on the sidewalk.
Right next to the garbage cans.
Abandoned.
Unwanted.
Really??
Okay, so it had some dings.......
Particle board issues.......
Plastic trim......
But it was love at first sight.
I routed myself right back home and grabbed the car keys..

(Did I mention how !@#$% heavy this thing was??)
I could not W-A-I-T to get paint on this baby!!!!
 As usual, I used Annie Sloan chalkpaint. 
For the body, I mixed up a combo of Paris Grey, Louis Blue & Old White.
 And for the top, base moulding and all the decorative door panels, 
I used Old White.
 Here it is after painting.
Next, I distress sanded all the edges...
 And waxed the whole piece...I added a little
dark wax to the decorative panels and some of the edges
to age the piece a bit.
 Look at the amazing detail in the doors........I added these awesome
painted lion ring pulls.
Here it is in my Greenwood Antiques booth. 
Yummy goodness. $225 and tons of storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment