Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Fabric covered Desk

Furniture rehabs don't always have to be just about paint...
Take this little desk, for instance.
Nothing special....yet....
 It was just a plain, pine desk that had a coat of shellac........
Instead of painting, I decided to cover the drawer fronts in fabric.
This cotton duck was purchased at Hobby Lobby and is the perfect weight.
I simply glued the fabric to the fronts 
and then trimmed and glued/stapled the edges to the inside lip.
Next I added some cast iron "sun" knobs that I painted in a happy yellow.
Flowers and sunshine - the perfect combo.
I left the top and sides natural.
I painted a little chair in a smokey pale blue, 
and it's the perfect little study area for a young girl!
 As far as I know, it's still available in my Greenwood booth. $185/desk; $45/chair.
And this weekend, everything is 10% off!
One of a kind....
would look great under the Christmas tree!




No comments:

Post a Comment