Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Revisiting an Early SheShe piece…Small Chest of Drawers

 Wow, I recently bought back this piece from a client,
who purchased it from me right after I started doing this for a living!
 It's a little chest of drawers with a cultured marble top. 
At the time, I was into this pearlescent mauve glaze….
but now, I think it's time to do a little updating!
 Here's what I did to update it.
First, I sanded and added some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen.
Then I clear waxed the piece, 
and then dark waxed the edges.
 It looks like this..
better…
but not finished yet...
 Next, I went to my handy dandy stocked-full garage 
to see if I could find some hardware
that would fit the existing holes...
I came up with these little french pulls, 
but the finish is all wrong: bright gold and white...
 No problem.
I base painted them in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Chateau Grey.
 Once dry, 
I added another paint coat but this time in Provence.
And then I added Jacobean stain to the hardware.
While that was drying, I decided to add a little
stain to the details in the piece as well.
Ah, yes, much better.
Now you can really see the details.
Here it is with the hardware installed.
Perfectly lovely!
 Inside the drawers are lined with old newspaper.
 She's all finished.
 Plus this new look goes much better 
with the yellow in the simulated marble top.
Great storage piece!
For sale. $265


No comments:

Post a Comment