Thursday, October 2, 2014

Papa Bear Chairs….(or are they Mama Bear??) With Painted Vinyl Seats

 So I picked up these two chairs recently off of Craigslist….
They have the strangest scale:
Massive Papa Bear seats….
 …with Mama Bear backs……..
The seats are a tan vinyl.
 And the front/back are an upholstered yellow swirly fabric...
 The backs are really cool, 
with this "x."
Okay, so how to make 
these weird chairs sing?
 This makeover started with a coat of Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey.
I painted the seat and the wood frame.
 I also painted the upholstered fabric on the chair back.
Next, another coat of paint.
But this time, 
I top coated the wood "x" in Old White.
Then I waxed and distress sanded the chairs.
Here's a side by side of the back. 
Already an improvement.
So now it's time to tackle that nasty old chair front!!
 Which fabric will SheShe choose?
 SO many choices….
 Can you guess?
 (Actually, at this point in the process, I didn't even know!)
 It helps to take photos of the different options, 
and then review them….
 So…………
can you guess which one I went with???
And the winner…..

 is…….

 THE OCTOPI!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's just too funky weird not to use. Ha…
I love the orange with the cool grey.
And yes, you can paint vinyl.
The seats feel like butter 
after painting, sanding, waxing,
and buffing.
Here is the matching pair in my booth.
Incredibly comfy….(for Mama Bear.)
and roomy, (for Papa Bear.)
Or vice versa;)
At this rate, with such happy bears,
there just may be a Baby Bear soon!
For sale: $249 each or $450 for the pair.
(That's just the source light that makes them appear different colors…)


No comments:

Post a Comment