Thursday, October 16, 2014

A Beautiful Armoire - Dumpster Diving at it's best!!!!!!

One of my best alley finds of all time………..
was this dresser I spied in the alley this summer.
 I was walking at the time, 
so I went back and hauled this baby home.
It needed a little clean up, 
but was structurally sound.
And then I realized, 
there was another piece in the alley that looked like 
it might be a hutch top….
hmm..
So back I went.
And tah-dah!
It's an armoire!
(And, YES, 
I moved this baby all by myself..geez.)

 Wilma was very excited...
 Here's the back, that I took off in order to move it easier.
Obviously this was designed for an entertainment center.
 Last week, I was finally able to tackle it.
Here it is with one coat of 
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.
 I am so excited at the thought of getting this 
OUT of my dining room….
It's already been spoken for……
I just need to finish it up.
 After two coats it is looking good!
 I covered that back piece with bead board vinyl wallpaper, 
and then primed and painted
it in Sherwin Williams Rainwashed.
 Then I did the same with the rest of the interior.
 Next, distress sanding, waxing, and applying dark wax.
I slid the top off over to the dining room table to
be able to paint and wax the top of the base.
Here it is back together and all finished!
 
The original hardware looks great on it!
Inside….
 Outside.
Awesome storage piece!
Come and get it, Fletch & Meredith!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment