Sunday, October 5, 2014

Random chairs + Table = Cottage Dining Set

So here's an old chair I found in the alley not too long ago.
It's been stored in my garage.
Pretty yukko, but it's sturdy….
Do you think perhaps the previous owner 
had a dog in the home?
Nothing a little sanding can't fix……..
I sanded, 
then painted the frame in Annie Sloan Old White.
Then I distressed and waxed.
Finally I rebuilt the cushion 
by adding batting and then covering in
a sweet pink Schumacher fabric sample.
So cottagey!

And here's random chair number two…
I think I paid a few bucks for this one at a sale.
Honestly, I can't remember!
 But it has really cool urn legs.
 So, I did a similar treatment: I painted,
then rebuilt the seat and covered in another
Schumacher fabric sample.
And then I used an old vintage scarf to upholster
the chair front.
 Sweet, sweet.
 Here's the pair, and even though they don't match,
they certainly go together!!!!!
Especially when you put them with a little cottage table!
I love this sweet little set!
I wish I had a place for it…it is so ME.
The set is for sale in my Greenwood Booth.
$189

No comments:

Post a Comment