Monday, October 6, 2014

Ebony Greek Key Motif Table


A couple months ago - on her morning walk - my friend, Molly, 
texted me about a table someone had tossed curbside.
Fortunately my car was fairly empty at the time (a rarity), 
so I zipped on over to Northside.
The table was still there but the top was in bad shape.
BUT... it had two awesome pedestals, ugly finish but great detail.
So I promptly removed them with my handy power drill,
loaded them up, and hauled them to my storage garage.
And they've been there patiently
waiting for just the right project.
Bingo!
My friend, Tara, bought this awesome table top for me at a dealer sale recently.
Beautiful ebony table with gold greek key motif.
Nice and chippy finish.
 So I pulled out one of the pedestals and got to work.
 I first base painted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite.
 After it dried, I brushed on an ebony stain.
And attached the pedestal to the base.
GORGEOUS….
It's another one of those hard-to-part-with makeovers.
For sale in my Greenwood booth
$189.
Thanks, friends, for keeping your eyes open
for those abandoned pieces 
that just need a little SheShe love!

No comments:

Post a Comment