Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pair of Teal French Side Chairs

Oh, my, I've been a lazy bones since Halloween….
with the blogging anyway……
My costume must have worn off on me….

But no,  it's back to the grind….
Here are a couple of sweet little chairs 
I bought in Hopewell a couple weeks ago.
 Love the lines….
the cane backs……
The upholstered seats were actually just
plywood pieces that were covered and placed on top…
not even attached.
 When I removed them, I understood why….
cane was in disrepair.
Not a problem for me because I'll use the plywood
to make new seats and attach.
 
This transformation began with a custom mix of Annie Sloan
Chalk Paint colors to get this wonderful teal color.
 Here it is base coated.
 Next I used Paris Grey to paint the cane chair back. 
Over the teal base coat, I dry brushed Old White. 
 Looking good!  
I didn't bother painting the cane seats since I'll be covering them.
 I love how the dry brushing hits all the little details in the wood.
I used the last of this grain sack fabric to do the seats..
Will have to get more…it's my favorite.

 And you know me.  
I don't like matchy-matchy.
So I changed the direction of the fabric for the 2nd chair.
Coupled with this tiered little table,
it would make the perfect ensemble in a
foyer, bedroom, etc.
Don't you think?
For sale. $195 for the pair of chairs
$75 for the table.
Package for set: $235

No comments:

Post a Comment