Tuesday, November 26, 2013

French Commode Transformation: How to make a chest look like a beautiful antique!

Ah, yes, just before the holiday, 
today I was able to crank out a couple more pieces before the rain cometh.

This was a client's piece that she wanted me to paint…..
 Yes, probably hand painted but not in this country….
The owner was over the "flora and fauna"motif.
A few finish issues……..
 But it has nice curves, nice pulls...
I painted the base in two coats of 
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Gray.
I also painted the pulls in Pure White.
Here's what it looked like with the painting finished.
 
Here's what it looked like with Wilma laying claim…
(she has a great time checking out
all the new and different items that are constantly
coming through the SheShe ranch.)
Today, I moved it outside and added waxes: 
First clear, and then I used
some dark wax on a small chip brush 
to lightly "hit" all the intentional brush strokes
and imperfections, edges. etc., 
to really bring out all this great texture.
and to simulate age.
I did the same with the pulls:
Added dark wax to get in the nooks and crannies..
Here you can see the dark wax treatment a bit better.
See how you can highlight all the imperfections 
to make the piece appear time worn and antique?
After bringing it inside (just in the nick of time, I might add,)
and after the wax was dry, I buffed it to bring out a lovely sheen.

Parlez vous français?
How "she she!!!!!"

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!!!!

Don't forget to support your local small businesses this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment