Thursday, November 21, 2013

One Bench + one Rug = One Moroccan Style Footstool

Twice a year, in the spring and fall,
several dealers in the Greenwood/Crozet, VA, area,  
get together for their famous 
Usually at the Old Trail Golf Clubhouse…
This year, I found two little treasures:
This old bench with old red paint patina….
Love the primitive lines..
And this cotton printed rug:
 Of course, I did not need another stool/bench, 
or a rug, 
but, well,
I just saw these two together.
 I felt obliged to marry them!!!!
 I found a piece of scrap foam that I cut to fit the top...
 I didn't have any batting, 
so I just used a piece of an old quilt to top the foam...
I cut and stapled all the edges under the lip of the top.

 Then I did the same with the rug…..
 I stitched up all the corners because the fabric was too thick to staple.
 After sewing the corners, 
I added a decorative gimp along the four sides 
to cover the raw edges.
 One of the legs was a little ka-ka.. 
so I fixed that with a little wood glue.
Next, I had one of these while the glue dried;)
 Isn't it sweet? 
JUST as I envisioned!
I'm beaming all over...
 Here it is in my booth at Greenwood Antiques and Uniques.
 It was one of several items 
I sold during last weekend's Open House.
I miss it already!

But just knowing it's out there, 
under someone's tootsies,
makes it okay…
to let go…
I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment