Sunday, July 22, 2012

Updating a Slipper Chair

So remember Nancy's sweet little slipper chair?
Right out of the 50's with this shiny quilted fabric!
Here's what it looked like in it's old home.
 
And this is the new home where it's going to be living........
I picked up the chair late last week and decided to tackle it over the weekend.
First I ripped off that little ruffle along the bottom edge.  
We'll make it much more contemporary by showing the legs.
Next I added a layer of new foam 
around the chair top to hide the lines of the existing upholstery.

I just wrapped around the top and stapled along the back edge.
(Yes that's CARDBOARD!!! 
Hey, I don't make 'em, I just redo them...)
 
Here's the new fabric going on......purchased from UFab.
And here is the final product.

 Detail of the onion fringe along the bottom edge.
 Piping along the back piece.

So improved!
Another part of Nancy's new home transformation completed.
Stay tuned for more! Plenty to come!



No comments:

Post a Comment