Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tiger Oak Chair Spruce Up

Look at this great old chair I scored today during a thrift store pop-in.
 Yes, in its current state, it's a disaster...But with a little clean up...it could shine.
It's quite comfortable, and has great tiger oak rolled arms.......
Yes it has some caning issues, and a lot of dirt.
The minute I got home, I pulled it out of the car and got to work.


 I gave all the wood a thoroughly cleaning. 
It was filthy and once I washed down all the wood, 
you could really see the golden hue of the oak.
After it dried, I gave everything a nice rub down
 with Howards Restor-a-Finish in Golden Oak.
 I removed the cushion and all the old fabric and foam, 
added new foam and batting, and then upholstered 
in a grain sack type fabric in thick oatmeal linen with blue stripes.
These pillows were some of my late night projects this week.
 I ripped out all the old broken caning under both arms. I like the open look.
 Beautiful wood detail.  
Yes, there's still a small hole in the back caning,
but pillows hide it quite nicely, 
so I'm leaving it just as it is for now.
Can you believe it??? 
A SheShe chair makeover that didn't involve painting!!!!!
LOVE this chair..

No comments:

Post a Comment