Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Reversible Headboard!

I've been working on a bedroom makeover for my client, Daisey, 
and have been looking for a new headboard. 
(I don't want to give the entire makeover away since it's not finished yet, 
but here is her current bed in it's repositioned place in the room.  
Note the head of the bed is at a double doorway into her dressing area, 
so I need something with some height, that can work from both sides 
since you'll be able to see it coming and going.....)

And thanks to my friend, Jeannie, who's liquidating her antique shop,  
I scored this great mahogany headboard. 
Here's what it looked like yesterday:
Yes, the wood is in fine shape as is.  
I just don't like it....
So here goes.......
I painted it in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White,
 then distressed and waxed.
This is the new bedding I picked up today.
But here's the fun part:  
On the back side of the headboard, I stapled foam in the insert, 
and then upholstered with this pink pinstripe fabric 
that I cut from a pair of drapes.  
Gimp edging came from Hobby Lobby.
(The headboard is just propped here with the bedding.........
It's actually still sitting in the middle of my living room.  
I hope to deliver it tomorrow.)  
The question is...
Which is the front, and which is the back?  
Decisions, decisions.  
I say, what could be better than a reversible headboard!!!
Stay tuned for the full makeover!

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome, perfect for Daisey!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to see you the other day! ~ Carolyn from The Inn at 400 West High

    ReplyDelete