Sunday, July 1, 2012

On a sewing roll......Slipcovers and pillows...

The machine has been cranking over here at the SheShe ranch.
Fresh up,
one slipcovered wing back chair........
Here's an "in progress" shot:
Here it is completed.
 Detail of piping and little buttons I added below the arms. 
 Next up, a couple of pillows I made from old feed sacks.
 Aren't these KILLER? 
I did these for my client, Tara, of 2 Cool Chicks.  
How appropriate! 
Especially this one!
And this little primitive bench is screaming for attention!
So I gave it some! I turned it into a little stool.
I painted the frame in ASCP Pure White. And I
added foam, batting and upholstered the top.
This is some of my all time favorite upholstery fabric.
It's thick and hardy....
I added four Buffalo Nickel nailheads to the corners.
 I've been waiting for the perfect place to use these!
They're from UFab.
 And the finishing touch: 
A little numeral enamel plaque that I nailed to the frame.
How perfect they all look together.
But alas, I must split up this family.
The chair is my client, Patty Anne's.
The pillows are Tara's.
And the footstool...is FOR SALE.  $95.

No comments:

Post a Comment