Friday, January 20, 2012

Thinking Outside the Box: Old Chair + Fuzzy Throw = Retro Reinvention!

This is the kind of stuff I live for.........when the old light bulb goes off and something gets repurposed in a new and interesting way!

Take one old 2nd hand chair.........
Nice size, nice lines, just, well, dull, worn, and in need of reupholstery or a slipcover....

 Which is what I was intending to do.....Until an idea struck me. 
   I had this great fuzzy throw I purchased for a client, and ended up keeping for myself.
One day I decided to toss it over the chair to camouflage it until I could get around to its makeover, and, well,  it was working!!!!!!!!!!! So here I go...
 Today I just sewed that bugger right on, and I have an instant furry fun retro-inspired chair!
It was very easy to sew because with all the "fur," you couldn't even tell where I sewed the edges together.
 It took a bit of finesse, but all-in-all, it was a heck of a lot easier than a traditional slipcover!
I also primed and painted the legs in a glossy grey-white...........
I didn't even cut the throw up! It's still intact under there, waiting to be revealed one day on this chair's next future makeover.  Wonder when that will be??

No comments:

Post a Comment