Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Transformation for 2012!!

Yep, it's January 3rd, and it didn't take me long to pull out the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in 2012! (Actually, I did this on January FIRST, I'm just now getting around to writing about it..). 
I'm addicted to this paint!  
This time it wasn't a piece of furniture, though, that I had my sights on. 
Nope, this time it was (drumroll...)
....the ugliest little Christmas present ever!  



 Here she is in all her glory!  My CLEOPATRA BUST!!
 Egads!
(Do you think that snake ate off her breasts?)
Truly this is one bad-looking bust...
But I saw potential!
Besides, it was a gift from my sister.
And who could really hate Cleo?
She was such a rad chick!

 But back to the paint, the beauty of this Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is....you just slap it on! That's it.
There's no prep, no priming, no sanding....I painted two coats of Old Ochre....and voila:

 She looks just like alabaster!!! I didn't even wax her because she looks so great with the matte finish.


 Here she is wearing her sheet music crown that came in the Christmas Crackers....

She's already moved around a bunch, but I think she's going to live here on the dining room buffet...next to Mr. Owl Lamp....

No comments:

Post a Comment