Monday, January 23, 2012

Don't sweat the small stuff. Just paint it! Birds bees bunnies...


Most of you already know I'm a thrift store junkie.
I'm not ashamed of that.
I tend to go a little overboard on the little stuff.......
Here's why:  Immediate gratification!
Besides, it's easy to work on little stuff indoors when it's so nasty outside.
Here are a few small finds from the past week to demonstrate what you can do with some of those ugly-ass ('cuse my french) knick knacks out there!


These little ugly ornaments? plaques? have plastic gold frames, BLACK VELVET backs and reproduction art. I bought a bag of them for 45cents.
And here are a couple of them after my reinvention.  I used cast iron knobs and napkin ring pieces, and Annie Sloane Chalkpaint. Yep, you can even use it on black velvet!
Sweet little terra-cotta bunny...
Blue bunny loves to sit on my grain sack bench...

And lastly, a couple of large finials.......silvertone and black..........


 And here they are for sale in my booth, after a couple coats of Old White, a little distressing, and wax.
Looks to be another dreary day out there...
Hmmm, wonder what will get painted next?




No comments:

Post a Comment