Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A neutral - but fun - chair makeover

 Here's a chair I bought a while back
from Tammy's booth at RVA Antiques……
 Cane sides….pecan finish...
I bought it to redo of course……..
First I removed all the trim and painted the wood and cane.
 After waxing, distressing, it looks like this.
 Then I needed to decide on a fabric…...


Hmmm…
then it sat in my house for a month….
 A friend just gave me these bold Trina Turk samples……
so I experimented with those, too...
But then I came to my senses………
and realized..
I'm redoing this to SELL…….
 And just like painting the rooms in a house for resale,
sometimes its best just to stay neutral….
So I ended up using this embroidered linen in a tobacco color.
But going neutral doesn't mean boring….
I used navy twill tape as gimp…
buttons on the sides of the seat…
a little enameled numbered plaque on the front bottom…
and a burlap sack remnant for the back.
 Kitty not for sale.
 And from a few more remnants, 
I made some throw pillows…
one in navy zebra...
the other in an indigo/linen coral motif...
…to help tie in the navy gimp…
..and the burlap.
(My favorite part is always the burlap!)

(Lisa Duke: Eat your heart out!!!)
It's casual…
it's elegant…
it's comfy...
it's for sale!
$195 for chair
Pillows: $32 each.
All for $235
Let me know if you have the perfect room for this piece!!!!!!

1 comment: