Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Bare Bones to Sunshine Seat!!!!!!!!!!!

 My sister picked up this stripped chair from a yard sale this past weekend.
 Great bones.......Some of the springs had come off,
 but I was able to reattach them.

 After I did that, I painted the frame in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in 
Greek Blue.  Haven't used this color in a while. It makes me happy.

 After waxing,
 I distressed the edges. 
And buffed to a sheen.
 I rebuilt the upholstery with lots of foam and batting.
I wanted something fun to go with the blue.
This yellow drapery did the trick!!!!!
 For the back, 
I used a striped rug that's been in my booth.
 I used the bound edge at the left and top.
 And then, on the right side, I cut off the bound edging, stapled,
then folded and stapled the cut rug to that.
 Then I added gimp to cover all the staples.......
 
It's finished and oh so fun!!!!!!!!
My favorite part, of course.
The back......
I love surprises!!!!!!!
Inspected and approved by Mom!!!!!!

It's going to my booth at RVA Antiques on the Avenue
TODAY!
For sale: $249.

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment