Sunday, April 3, 2016

Set of Dining Room Chairs get a fresh new look!

Remember this pair of armchairs I redid a few weeks ago?
Since the red leather seats were in pretty decent shape,
I decided to reupholster only the fronts/backs.
Here they are in my booth
($175 for the pair.)
The pair actually belonged to a set of six, 
and here are the other four.
The seats on these needed recovering, 
and only two of the cane backs were intact...
 Two were damaged.
 After reinforcing the two with damaged cane,
I painted the chairs in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
in Paris Grey. Then I distressed and waxed.
 I reupholstered these two, fronts, backs, and seats, 
in this soft grey and white fabric.
Here's the back.
 I then trimmed out the top/back with white gimp.
And added a little design to the back.
Wow, what an improvement!
Here are the second two...with the cane in good shape...
 For these, I removed and recovered the seats,
 and painted the cane backs along with the frames.
The set of four is in my booth at Greenwood Antiques. 
I think they'd look great with a white pedestal table!
(I'm looking for one now!)
The set is for sale at $349.

Yes, pieces of SheShe are everywhere.....

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment