Friday, December 11, 2015

Another pair of French Provencial Chairs

Here they are, aren't they beauts?
Ewww-weee..
nasty ole dirty, faded blue velour..
Picked these up at one of favorite haunts,
Take a look at what I did:
First, I removed all the staples and trim.
Ready for painting.
I painted the base in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen.
First coat done.
After that dried, 
I went back over the chair with Old White.
This is a dry brush technique - 
you don't want a lot on your brush,
and you want to "hit" the edges lightly.
Here's a close up after waxing.
Now, on to upholstery.
I've had this thick linen fabric for some time,
just waiting for the right project.
This is it!
I ran the stripe down the middle of the seat cushion,
after plumping it up with foam and batting.
Stapled the edges all around.
The chair front got the same treatment.
I got rid of those dated tufts, 
added lots of batting
for comfort.
For the back, 
I used this old feed sack.
(Thanks, Rusticity!)
I used gimp to trim the arms and chair front/back.
And around the seat,
 I used strips of the same fabric as the chair.
I folded and sewed wide strips, 
glued on to cover all the staples, 
and then used these nail heads to secure the corners.
(Here you can see the distressed paint treatment.)
First one done!
Love the pop of color on the back.
Getting loaded in the car……..
On to chair two.
And this one got the reverse side of the feed sack.
Beautifully neutral!!!!!!
These are for sale at $599 for the pair.
They are sturdy and comfy.
If you want 'em,
let me know fast!
(The neutrals seem to go quick!)
Taking them to Greenwood today!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment