I love this vintage ottoman, but the vinyl was cracking,
stuffing was coming out...
So today I decided to tackle her.
I taped the tears, and removed the fringe.
Added a couple of layers of batting to the top.
For fabric, I decided to use some leftover remnants
of men's suit jackets...
So I just started piecing and sewing the fabrics together...
After sewing the pieces together for the top,
I hot glued the edges down.
Then I glued a piece of red trim around the perimeter of the top.
Now for the rest….
I did the same thing, just pieced together fabrics…
It's like a puzzle.
I tried to use pieces that had little surprises…
like this sleeve with it's suede elbow patch...
...working pockets. (Great for a remote!)
Finished it off with a label from the lining...
I do believe "she" has become a "he."
Let me test him out.
Yep, he works great!
Think outside the box, folks!
And the end result is always a surprise!
SheShe, The Home Magician