Friday, December 13, 2013

Elegant Scrolled Arm Chair Makeover

 I love scoring chairs like this….
because they are comfortable AND easy to redo.
 Back cushion lifts off, and the seat cushion just unscrews.
 So it's easy to get to the frame. 
Here it is primed.
 And painted. 
I used SW Bathe Blue in Semigloss.
 Back inside for the night….
Hmm…let's check out some fabrics...
 Pretty……..
 Oh yes, I think this is the one..
 I couldn't help myself. 
One day makeover!!!!!!
 I used a contrasting striped silk for the cording.
 My intention was to distress sand and stain the frame.  
I think I'll still do that eventually….but there's no rush...
…cuz I'm not sure when I'll be able to pull Wilma off it.
"Yes, mom, this one is just right!"

REVIST: BEFORE
 AFTER:
For sale: $450.

No comments:

Post a Comment