Thursday, December 12, 2013

A Quick & Easy No Sew Headboard Makeover

Here's a quick and easy fix for an ugly headboard.

My sister had a dated yellow and blue shirred headboard……
(Dang, forgot the before picture)..
but something like these:

Are you feeling it?

Her's was more straight-lined on the top.

Over the Thanksgiving holiday I was there
 and she asked what I could do to spruce up her bedroom.

My first thought was to update that headboard!

So we went looking around in all the closets 
to see if we could come up with something
to reupholster it.

And then….
I spied… 
this..
A perky blue queen duvet cover,
that had this great white graphic..
 I simply cut it in half, 
and slipped half of it right over the existing headboard.
 I didn't even hem it!
Fits like a glove.
And it totally updates the room.
Now THAT'S what I call instant gratification!
Looks great with this painting I did a few years ago, too…

Don't you love it when something works like that?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment