Friday, August 14, 2015

New Cushion Covers And Paint bring a Rattan Chair & Ottoman back to Life

 This substantial rattan chair and ottoman has seen better days….
It's been on a covered porch for the last five years….
 Normally I don't paint rattan, 
but this one was really weathered in spots.
Plus it had this dark finish with little specks that I wasn't a big fan of….
 So yep, I painted it.
In Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Duck Egg
 And the ottoman...
 After painting, I waxed to seal the finish.
 And buffed it up to a nice sheen.
 And I found this great bohemian style fabric at Ufab 
that I used to recover all the cushions.
 When you put the two pieces together, 
it's like a large chaise lounge.
And when you just need a seat, 
it's back to a chair.
 
Someone here has gotten mighty attached……...
I have, too.
It's the perfect reading spot in my bedroom.
Therefore, I reckon…
it will be staying.

New cushion covers can transform your tired furniture!!!!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment